January 1, 2020

mind/body/soul




written on Christmas, 2019

The goals of 2020 are to focus on mind/body/soul. Everything is being boiled down to that.

Mind

Reading: the goal of this year is to read more. I am on goodreads and it gave me the push I needed to read more. I want to read 8 books this year, one more than last year.
Writing: Vain goal of 50,000 words, across all the works, not including blog post. I just want to get words down on paper and write some stories out.
Blogging: Right now, I want to get 239 blog posts by the end of the year. I got some prompted ones coming but I want to post at least once for every day that I have off. It’s a high goal but I think if I just sit down and make myself do it, I will hit that goal.

Body

Before I get to my goals, there is some shit I need to unpack. 

The last year, I started reading and following a lot of different people who are in the body-positive movement, fat people. It’s been, odd for me. It made me feel that I am a skinny fat because I am not a super fat and the fact that I want to lose weight for my own version of health makes me feel bad because losing weight doesn’t equal healthy and I can be fat and be healthy and gods! 

I am not happy with what has happened to my body this past year. I understand that losing weight won’t make me any healthier or unhealthier than I am now. It was also brought to my attention that as much as this will change my body, it might change my mental health and my spiritual health so, let’s do this.

Weight Loss: I have to goal of losing 10% of my weight by the end of the year.
Steps: High hopes of getting my 10,000 steps in each day or at least making that a weekly average.
Working Out: I want to get the ab lounger here in the basement and start using it. I will start my walks. And there is also the vainness of finding some workout videos out there on the internets and trying that.
Lose It: And yes, there’s an app for that. I need to start using it, every day.

Soul


Witchcraft: I want to celebrate every full moon. I want to work on celebrating every new moon. I need to redo my Book of Shadows. I need to start to meditate, I miss doing that. And the big thing, find a Higher Power. I feel that I am just floating along and my religion is failing due to not having anyone to worship. I want to find someone.
Tarot: I think I am getting into the groove of being an Instagram tarot person. This year, I want to take it up a notch. I want to get more clients and start making more money off my readings. I also keep toying around with the idea of my own business website but I need a better ground to stand on for that to happen. I need to start a tarot notebook and flesh out some other ideas.
Crafting: Ha! This is my list of all my projects I want to get done by the end of the year and gods help me if I add anymore!

  • Afghan
  • Incense Box
  • Pentacle
  • Printer Cover
  • The Willendorf Venus
  • Witch’s Cabinet




And that’s it. That’s the mindset for 2020.
Let’s do this.

No comments: