January 27, 2024

I am comfortable

wrote this last night on Tumblr. wanted it “written down” for my own records.
 
It’s Friday night. I took my shower, put on clean pjs, and I am in bed. The crockpot upstairs is cooking the chicken I will meal prep for my weekly lunches.
I took a (legal) pot gummy and am having a glass of wine. Fury Road is playing on my tablet.
Is this the life my D.A.R.E officer worried I would have? It was way too late, at age 12, to tell me booze was bad. And then tell me drugs would make me see music and hear colors, like that didn’t sound awesome to me, stuck in my small town, Catholic school?
I work full time, pay my bills on time, striving, “…got dreams he’ll never take away”.
And get high twice a week.
This is not the adulthood I thought I would have, in my D.A.R.E days. It’s better and worser then I thought but,
I am comfortable.
:-)

No comments: