March 11, 2024

it's only for 2 weeks

4 years ago, i started the tag, during the plague. it was to mark everything that was going on in this 2-week episode of this illness that will pass.
and we still here, in 2024.
i’m done with using the tag. my blogs/journals are dated. when history comes knocking, i have it written down. my view of this pandemic is different from what i have seen.
there was no lockdown for me. i worked retail. i went to work. if i didn’t go to work, i wouldn’t get paid and life would suck.
all the things that would refresh me from being a retail worker, didn’t happen: my 10th anniversary trip, seeing Marvel movies, celebrating turning 40, nope.
i went 302 days in a row of sleeping in my own bed. there were no trips to take and no boyfriend to come see me.
i didn’t get to stay home, become Tic-Tok famous, dye my hair, learn something, rest, day drink all day, work from home.
got up, went to work, pretend that everything was ok and not weird at all that i carried a note from work saying why i was out of my house, in case i got pulled over.
it’s not over. it may not be over but i am done marking it.

No comments: