December 26, 2014

"That's what it's all about."




i posted this on my Facebook on Christmas Eve. wanted the world to see this:
When I was little, Christmas was special.
After Halloween, we had a month called November that had its own holiday, Thanksgiving. Maybe Christmas stuff started floating in the stores then, I don't remember.
I do remember that after Thanksgiving there was this excitement! "We only have 25 days to celebrate Christmas! Must put everything into!" And then there was songs, movies, shows on the TV and it was Christmas!
And that week from the 26 to the 2nd, no school and new toys, it was the Christmas afterglow. There was magick in the air, still.
Now, Christmas is out before Halloween, there's more Christmas in October then Halloween. It's shoved down our throats for 2 months and when the 26 hits, it's gone and we don't talk about it.
I don't have Christmas cheer. I get 25 days of Christmas cheer in me every year, and that burns out before Halloween anymore.
It's Windsday. Tomorrow is my one day off after working 6 in a row.
Remember on Friday, it never happened.

No comments: